Aquilo – Groningen
Vacancy: Research technician (24-40 hours)
Do you have affinity with conducting pharmaceutical in vitro and in vivo research and would
you like to work at a small and dynamic company? Aquilo is looking for you for the position of
Aquilo is a spin-off company from the University of Groningen, founded in 2015
(www.aquilo.nl). We are a contract research organization (CRO) and conduct scientific
research for pharmaceutical companies. This includes preclinical efficacy studies for novel
drugs for the lung diseases asthma, COPD, lung fibrosis and lung cancer. For this, we use
different disease models, including in vivo models, lung slice models, organoid models and in
What is your role as Research Technician
As Research Technician, you are responsible for conducting the preclinical studies. You
perform the in vivo, ex vivo and in vitro studies independently, as well as the associated data
analyzes including lung function assessment, RT-qPCR, histology and analysis of organoid
proliferation and differentiation. You are responsible for adequate storage of the data and
contribute to drafting standard protocols. Furthermore, you are responsible for processing
and storage of clinical samples.
What do we ask from you?
– You have completed an applied university degree (HBO or master) with a medical
– You have an article 9 or 13f (former article 12) license of the Experiments on Animals Act.
– Preferably, you have experience with conducting in vivo animal studies and associated lab
– You are a team player with a proactive and flexible work attitude.
– You are able to work with deadlines.
– You have affinity with pharmaceutical research.
– Good communication skills in English.
What does Aquilo offer you?
– A challenging position in an innovative and dynamic organization.
– A lot of freedom and independence in your position.
– A competitive salary.
– A contract for 1 year for 24-40 hours starting in September – November 2022, with the
prospect of extension and a permanent contract.
Who can you contact?
You can submit your CV and motivation letter to Loes Kistemaker via
firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact her for more information, phone number
0031614042614. You can apply until August 26th, 2022.