Inhibition of cytokine (IL-1β, IL-13, TNF-α, others) or cigarette smoke induced responses, including:
- ELISA or Luminex analysis of pro-inflammatory cytokine release.
- Mucus seceretion (airway epithelial cells).
- Gene and protein expression for inflammatory markers such as COX-2.
- Activation of transcriptional mechanisms (e.g. STAT).
Inhibition of growth factor (TGF-β, PDGF, WNT, others) induced responses, including:
- Cell proliferation.
- Cell migration or adhesion (xCELLigence).
- Myofibroblast and smooth muscle differentiation (lung fibroblasts, airway smooth muscle).
- Epithelial mesenchymal transition (EMT; epithelial cells).
- Gene and protein expression for matrix proteins, proliferation markers.
- Activation of transcriptional mechanisms (e.g. Smad, β-catenin, Sp1, others)
In addition, we can offer several possibilities for target validation in human samples.