Research technician (24-40 uur)
Aquilo – Groningen
Do you have affinity with conducting pharmaceutical in vitro and in vivo research and would you like to work at a young company? Aquilo is looking for you for the position of Research Technician.
Aquilo is a spin-off company from the University of Groningen, founded in 2015 (www.aquilo.nl). We are a contract research organization (CRO) and conduct scientific research for pharmaceutical companies. This mainly includes pre-clinical efficacy studies for novel drugs for the lung diseases asthma, COPD and lung fibrosis. For this we use different disease models, including in vivo models, lung slice models and organoid models.
What is your role as Research Technician
As Research Technician, you are responsible for conducting the pre-clinical studies. You perform the in vivo and in vitro studies independently, as well as the associated analyzes including lung function assessment, RT-qPCR, histology and analysis of organoid proliferation and differentiation. Furthermore, you are responsible for processing and storage of clinical samples. In addition, you contribute to drafting standard protocols and maintaining the quality system.
What do we ask from you?
– You have completed an applied university degree (HBO or master) with a medical background.
– You have an article 9 or 13f (former article 12) license of the Experiments on Animals Act.
– Experience with conducting in vivo animal studies and associated lab techniques is preferred.
– You are a team player with a proactive and flexible work attitude.
– You are able to work with deadlines.
– You have affinity with pharmaceutical research.
– Good communication skills in English.
What does Aquilo offer you?
– A challenging position in an innovative and dynamic organization.
– A lot of freedom and independence in your position.
– A competitive salary.
– A contract for 1 year for 24-40 hours starting in October or November 2021, with the prospect of extension and a permanent contract.
Who can you contact?
You can submit your CV and motivation letter to Loes Kistemaker via email@example.com. You can also contact her for more information, phone number 0031614042614. You can apply until August 20, 2021.