Junior Researcher / Project Manager (32-40 uur)
Do you have affinity with conducting and managing pharmaceutical in vitro and in vivo research and would you like to work at a young company? Aquilo is looking for you for the position of Junior Researcher / Project Manager.
Aquilo is a spin-off company from the University of Groningen, founded in 2015 (www.aquilo.nl). We are a contract research organization (CRO) and conduct scientific research for pharmaceutical companies. This mainly includes pre-clinical efficacy studies for novel drugs for the lung diseases asthma, COPD and lung fibrosis. For this we use different disease models, including in vivo models, lung slice models and organoid models.
What is your role as Junior Researcher / Project Manager
As a Junior Researcher / Project Manager you are responsible for independently conducting, as well as managing, the pre-clinical studies. You perform the in vivo and in vitro studies, as well as the associated analyzes including lung function assessment, RT-qPCR, histology, analysis of organoid proliferation and differentiation and omics analyzes. You are able to proactively disseminate knowledge and motivate a team of research technicians. In addition, you maintain contact with the customer and you are involved in the business development of the company.
What do we ask from you?
– You have completed a master’s degree or PhD with a medical background.
– You have an article 9 license of the Experiments on Animals Act.
– You have experience in setting up, conducting and managing in vivo animal studies and associated lab techniques.
– You are a team player with a proactive and flexible work attitude.
– You are able to work with deadlines.
– You have affinity with pharmaceutical research and find it challenging to be responsible for different projects and tasks at the same time.
– Good communication skills in English.
What does Aquilo offer you?
– A challenging position in an innovative and dynamic organization.
– A lot of freedom and independence in your position, with opportunities to grow with the company.
– A competitive salary.
– A contract for 1 year for 32-40 hours starting on February 1 or March 1, 2021, with the prospect of extension and a permanent contract.
Who can you contact?
You can submit your CV and motivation letter to Loes Kistemaker via email@example.com. You can also contact her for more information, phone number 0031614042614. You can apply until December 1, 2020.